Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2020

EVEN IF A PARISH COULD AFFORD IT OR A BENEFACTOR WOULD PROVIDE IT, WOULD A BISHOP APPROVE IT?

I wonder how strong the “spirit of Vatican II” ideology against kneeling for Holy Communion amongst bishops would prevent the installation of an altar railing in any church without it, but especially a church with seating on three sides?

Fortunately, my bishop approved my request to restore the altar railing in St. Joseph Church in Macon which, ironically, I removed some 11 years earlier!

What do you think?








3 comments:

Carol H. said...

Fr. McD, that is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Where is that church pictured?

Richard M. Sawicki said...

I grew up in a parish that had a new church built in the mid-1960s with a three-sided altar rail.

I always thought they were common until I grew up and started visiting around. Seeing many similarly styled churches, in my young mind, I asked myself, "Where's the communion rail"?

Ah...youth!

Gaudete in Domino Semper!