Translate

Friday, January 29, 2010

PRE-EXTRAORDINARY FORM PRIEST--NO GRAY HAIR, NO AD ORIENTEM

I need to give equal time to the Ordinary Form of the Mass which we strive to do very well at St. Joseph Church. We strive to do the "red" (rubrics) and read the "black" (Mass texts) in a way that shows all prayer is oriented to God,not to us, we simply offer it, the priest together with the assembly. The re-translated "orate fratres" makes this clearer: "Prayer brethren (brothers and sisters) that my sacrifice and yours may be acceptable to God the almighty Father." At any rate, some pictures of the OF Mass below which is the primary (ordinary or normal) Mass we offer at St. Joseph. I don't want you to get the wrong impression. Of course I am a bit younger in these photos. I prefer the anonymity of the EF, if you know what I mean! It hides a multitude of sins.






No comments: