Translate

Monday, July 20, 2026

I LIKE IT; I LIKE IT; I LIKE IT! IT WILL BE SPECTACULAR!

 Although in the round, which I don’t dislike automatically, this new cathedral, not finished, has a spectacular reredos, a beautiful free standing altar that allows Mass to be celebrated ad orientem or toward the nave, a very nice placement of the ambo, the bishop’s throne and an altar railing! The sanctuary follows the pre-Vatican II plan—very nice. I like it! I like it! I like it!

St. Nicholas of Tolentine Cathedral (under construction)📍 Cabanatuan City 🇵🇭



6 comments:

rcg said...

I don't like the round layout, but these days it could allow the adherents to the various versions of the Mass to choose seating so that the Priest is oriented preferentially to their view of the Liturgy.

William said...

Gorgeous reredos but the rest jars your mother's preserves.

TJM said...

LOL! Your mother's preserves! Good one!

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

Hmmm... 'Tis a bit odd.

White Pine said...

It looks nice, I just can't help thinking that the central placement of the altar makes for a lot of wasted space behind it

TJM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.