Translate

Friday, April 8, 2011

COMING THIS SUNDAY TO SAINT JOSEPH CATHOLIC CHURCH, MACON--NOT!

UPDATE! UPDATE! I DIDN'T HAVE THE STOMACH TO WATCH MUCH OF THIS, BUT TOWARD THE 27TH MINUTE THE PRIEST HAS THE GENERAL INTERCESSIONS WHICH IS IN THE STYLE OF THE EASTERN, UKRAINIAN RITE OF THE CHURCH. TALK ABOUT BEING ECLECTIC! YIKES!
I think I'll take the 1960's Folk Mass over this any day!

This is a televised 2009 Mass for shut-ins. I think it qualifies for abuse of these poor people. It also indicates that "incultration" of musical styles dumped on the Mass is silly and counter-productive. It gives new meaning to the desire for "sacral" music for our liturgy, which includes melodies and instruments, not just words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They had a banjo AND accordion! I like this parish. They should have Uilleann bag pipes because you pump the air through with your armpit. This frees up your mouth so you can sin or yodel along with the music. Wind Beneath My Wings would literally free my soul from my body.

rcg

Gene said...

Well, RCG, given the choice between sinning and yodeling,I'll take sinning. Sinning along with music is especially gratifying.LOL! Actually, yodeling should be included in sinning...mortal sinning.

Anonymous said...

Love the polka music. This has got to be from the upper midwest.

Anonymous said...

Pin, you will spend your time in Purgatory handcuffed to Slim Whitman.....

rcg