Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2011

ONE OF MY EVERYDAY RUN OF THE MILL WEDDINGS: NOT!

Amy and Mike got married last year. Mike was a catechumen and received into the Church the Easter prior to the wedding. Please note the Filipino customs. This is great:


Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in Yahweh, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Jeremiah 2:32 Can a virgin forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number.

Matthew 9:15 Jesus answered, "How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.

Joel 2:16 Gather the people. Sanctify the assembly. Assemble the elders. Gather the children, and those who suck the breasts. Let the bridegroom go forth from his room, and the bride out of her chamber.

John 3:29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.

THEN shall the kingdom of heaven be like to ten virgins, who taking their lamps went out to meet the bridegroom and the bride.

2 Corinthians 11:2 I am jealous over you with God's own jealousy. For I have betrothed you to Christ to present you to Him like a faithful bride to her one husband.

Ephesians 5:27 that He might present the Church to Himself a glorious bride, without spot or wrinkle or any other defect, but to be holy and unblemished.


Revelation 19:7 Let us rejoice and triumph and give Him the glory; for the time for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready."

Revelation 21:2 I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. These guys did an awesome job.

rcg

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Jody Peterman said...

I'm such a sap. I cried.

Anonymous said...

a real tear-jerker!

Michael Bates said...

Thank you Fr. McDonald! Amy and I are honored to be in your Blog!

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Michael and Amy, whoever put this together certainly understood the Church's teaching on the Sacrament of Marriage and that the wedding banquet is a foretaste of heaven! It is very powerful.