Translate

Friday, January 14, 2011

JUST BACK FROM MIAMI, HAD SUCH A GRUELING TIME!

I hate being immodest, but you see what I saw as I lay on the beach in 80 degree weather in early January. Every state in the union, including Hawaii had snow, but Florida did not, the only state not to have snow. I was blessed!

The day Macon had snow and ice, it was 80 degrees on the beach. It is a difficult life, but someone has to do beach ministry!

This was taken from the patio of the rectory of St. Joseph Church on Miami Beach. The rectory's back yard is on the Inter costal waterway! I could live there, if only I were fluent in Spanish. The parish also has a Portuguese Mass!

5 comments:

Fr. Cory Sticha said...

I'd become fluent in Spanish if it meant spending the winter months in that parish.

Anonymous said...

So that was you view everyday? Pretty nice, but for them big ole hairy legs. That sunset was especially nice. Good time to walk or ride the bike to a bar and get some shrimp and cold one.

We had snow and 18 degrees and all the relatives packed in the house for a wedding. Makes me jealous.

rcg

Gene said...

"Beach ministry" my...er...donkey!!LOL!
Glad you had a great vacation, and I'm glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

If Mass was in Latin everywhere you could celebrate everywhere. That was a point of unity not so long ago. Veterum Sapientia anyone?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

I thought about that, that if the Mass were in Latin, I could minister to more people, but then I would need to know their language to preach and hear confessions!