Saturday, January 1, 2011
HAPPY, NO I MUST TRANSLATE PROPERLY, BLESSED NEW YEAR OF 2011 AND NOW MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR!
As many of you know I am clairvoyant and thus I make predictions about the future and these are my liturgical predictions:
1. On Saturday Evening at 4:30 PM on November 26, 2011, a new English translation of the Mass will be implemented at St. Joseph Church and worldwide in English speaking places!
2. On December 24, 2011 Mass confusion and outright wrong responses will be spoken and sung at the Christmas Eve Masses at St. Joseph Church and worldwide in English speaking places as Catholics who only attend Mass twice a year will be overwhelming those who are regulars and will be clueless that a big change occurred in the English Mass.
3. Regular Catholics will be stumbling through the new English translation of the Mass, reverting, in an unthinking way, to the old translation.
4. Priests who do not practice their new parts of the new English translation of the Mass will totally botch the more complicated English and will then shift the blame to Rome and say that the translations are just too hard and complicated. They will not admit that they don't study the new translations that they will pray publicly and thus make a linguistic fool of themselves and the new translation.
5. St. Joseph Church will acquire a new hymnal to replace the now outdated English hymnal and the hymnal will not include "Amazing Grace", "How Great Thou Art", "Be Not Afraid" and "On Eagle's Wings." There will be anguish and trauma at funerals when these are not heard and Fr. McDonald will be seen as the bad guy. I'll tell them that it was the music director that decided.
6. The Benedictine Altar arrangement will be codified in the General Instruction of the new Roman Missal.
7. The option of celebrating Mass either ad orientem or pro populum will be clearly stated in the GIRM.
8. The GIRM will make clear that the laity have a right to kneel to receive Holy Communion and that kneelers and altar railings must be available for them and that what Pope Benedict models at the Liturgy is to be the norm for the Church and not just kneeling.
9. The second choice in the American Adaptation of the the GIRM, Holy Communion by Intinction, will become in reality the option that will not be snickered at or sneered at by imperialistic, uncaring liturgists who prefer the laity to drink from the common chalice and thus contract germs, viruses and worse. After lawsuits and big payouts there will be a big "mea culpa" from those who promoted drinking from the same cup and the bishops will recognize that the Church shouldn't be in the business of pontificating about how natural and safe it is to drink from the same cup without risk of catching anything serious or deadly if the cup is turned, a clean purificator is used to wipe the rim and sick people with H1N1, AIDS, Hepatitis, TB and with open wounds, sores and herpes on their lips and mouths volunteer not to receive from the chalice.
10. The Church of the Most Holy Trinity in Augusta will see the return of the regular celebration of the Extraordinary Form of the Mass.
I predict that all those Catholics who take their Catholic faith seriously, strive to strengthen their Catholic identity at home, work and play and attend Mass as often as possible even during the week when they can, will have a most blessed and fruitful New Year in our Lord, 2011.
Happy New Year!