Translate

Friday, July 26, 2019

MAY I MAKE A MODEST APPEAL FOR THE REFORM OF THE EUCHARISTIC PRAYERS?


In every Mass of the Latin Rite, we pray for "Francis our pope" and "'N' our bishop (Greorgy here)". I have no problem with that and have done so faithfully for over 39 years as a priest.

But shouldn't the pastor of the parish be remembered too?

If a parochial vicar or visiting priest are celebrating the Mass, they would pray: "For Francis our pope, Gregory our bishop and Allan our pastor..."

If I am praying the Canon, I would say: "For Francis our pope, Gregory our bishop and me your hand picked servant..." Okay, "...and me, also your unworthy servant..."

What do you think?????

And speaking of unworthy servants, as I searched for the first photo above, I found this under "servant" which sure does look like to me the maniple and gloves and cuff links that a bishop wears in the Extraordinary Form, albeit this is a secular version of it and under servant! Someone should tell Pope Francis, no?


4 comments:

rcg said...

Isn't that covered in the PATFOTA?

Anonymous said...

Once again made up liturgy. Never in 2000 years has that been done. Stop pulling things out of thin air, it’s stupid and not Catholic.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Just keep in mind that in 2000 years there has never been Catholics without a sense of humor.

Marc said...

Isn’t this covered with the Nobis quoque...?

I appreciate Fr. McDonald’s sarcastic sense of humor. I like to think that Christ himself was sarcastic at times: we see that especially in the parable of the wise steward who made friends with the world.