Translate

Friday, March 29, 2024

I THINK THIS WAS A FIRST FOR ME AT HOLY THURSDAY’S EVENING MASS OF THE LORD’S SUPPER, OR AT ANY LITURGY, FOR THAT MATTER…

 So graceful?

Oh well, it is what it is…

After I washed 12 feet, I noticed half way through that my shoe lace had come undone. It was driving me crazy, but I pressed on.

While washing the feet, I kept thinking how I might gracefully tie my shoe during a public Mass where I am on display. 

Well, there was no way to leave  the sanctuary just to tie my shoe in private. The sacristy is not behind the altar, no room is. So, after the Universal Prayer, I sat on my throne, I mean, the celebrant’s chair, bent over, which was a gymnastic exercise for me, in and of itself, and tied the damn shoelace!

I pretended in my mind that no one was watching me, in alb, stole and chasuble at my chair tying my shoelace hunched over in a tall celebrant’s chair to do it. I guess I could have had a deacon do it?

No comments: