Translate

Friday, April 3, 2020

PURE COMEDY GOLD FROM A COMMENTER ON A PREVIOUS POST

I got this comment and thought it just too good not to add my two cents worth. I hope this gives you a laugh on this “shelter in place” Lenten Friday:



Anonymous said...

I am new to this blog.
I think, in these difficult times, it is important to remember what the great Catholic theologian Hans Kung stated back in the 1970s that in emergencies laymen may bless the Eucharist at Mass. We should remember that Kung rightly suggested that in a pinch laymen can perform priestly functions.
April 3, 2020 at 6:33 AM

Blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...
Kung, that great theologian, was such a sexist. To use the term “laymen” especially in he 1970’s was anathema! Feminists would have been outraged by that term not to mention the emerging LGBTQ and no sex person.
April 3, 2020 at 6:58 AM

Blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...
And what about toddlers, children and teenagers, male, female, ambiguous and no sex, why not them too!?
April 3, 2020 at 7:23 AM



Of course Bishop Pete of Boise would reprimand this laychild for confusing aging baby boomers for bringing back pre Vatican II practices to the Ordinary Form Mass!

8 comments:

Gene said...

I haven't heard Hans Kung's name mentioned in some time. When I was in seminary and grad school in theology, Kung was viewed as a viable bridge between Catholicism and Protestantism. His name was often invoked at ecumenical conferences and in seminars on Catholic/Protestant doctrine. His book, "The Church," was often used as a text in such classes, along with other similar books (Peter Berger was also popular). My heavily Calvinist professors scoffed at Kung, Berger and, ecumenicism generally, but Kung is, indeed, a good place to try to find discussable common ground between Catholics and Protestants. I've been doing theology for many years, and the insurmountable Calvinist tenets of Total Depravity and Unconditional Salvation will forever be a stumbling block. But, I am still a TULIP Calvinist...it is th purist Biblical theology.

TJM said...

Gene,

Good to see you hear again.

Kung, a Catholic theologian? LOL.

Gene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJM said...

I meant "here" not hear. Spell check delenda est!

Gene said...

TJM, I just realized you were being facetious...LOL! Kung is a Demi-Catholic theologian.

rcg said...

Fr McDonald, the child was versus populum; they were out the window in their cars.

TJM said...

rcg,

Comedy Gold!

ByzRus said...

As intimated by Gene, the Protestants have been doing this for years. If that is what one deems to be necessary, simply go there.

I hope I live long enough to see this child offer his first TLM or, OF the right way.