Yes, yes, I know, that only about 25% of Catholics attend Mass each Sunday compared to almost 90% or more in the late 1950's early 1960's prior to Vatican II. But today, that 75% who are not attending the Ordinary Form of the Church aren't attending the EF either when provided. If they were, our Cathedral EF Mass each Sunday would be packed and more would need to be added.
The 75% who aren't going may be going to Protestant churches. But I suspect the majority are just Christmas and Easter only Catholics and prefer to be disengaged or nones. Even if the OF Mass were suppressed (fat chance!) we would not see them returning in droves and we might see even more departures from the Church.
So given what I just wrote, just how bad are the Ordinary Form Masses for those who attend each and every Sunday. What opinions would they have about improving the Mass. I don't think for the majority of these people, adding traditional aspects to the Ordinary Form would be what they would suggest.
In my most humble opinion I think this is what you would hear:
1. We need more praise and worship music to keep our young people from going to the non-denoninatioin churches.
2. We need lively music
3. We need better preaching
4. We need priests who don't speak with an accent in English which we can't understand.
5. We need more programs (which has nothing to do with the liturgy which says that for so many the Liturgy is not the source and summit for them but programs, educational and otherwise that create fellowship and connectivity with people).
You will not hear from typical OF faithful Catholics who go to Mass each Sunday the following:
1. We need to kneel for Holy Communion
2. We need to receive on the tongue
3. We need to get rid of lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, we need to have all males in the sanctuary doing anything and women keeping it clean.
4. We need ad orientem
5. We need to ban the common chalice
6. We need more Latin, Gregorian Chant and Polyphony
So what to do, what to do, oh, what are we to do?
There are Catholics, though, who love their Ordinary Form Mass, their parish, are very engaged and don't want to see anything change. The status quo is just fine!