Translate

Monday, March 28, 2016

MOTHER ANGELICA, THE FORMER CHARISMATIC NUN AND APPEARED MANY TIMES ON JIM AND TAMMY FAYE BAKER'S PTL CLUB!!!!!!!!

 MOTHER MARY ANGELICA ON 60 MINUTES IN 1984--FABULOUS! PRESS LINK BELOW OR HERE!

I recall, but most of you won't, but in the early 1970's Mother Angelica was a flaming charismatic nun and I actually saw her a few times on Jim and Tammy Faye's PTL Club television show in their heyday.  Mother was the darling of charismatics and the evangelical community.

In the video from 60 minutes in 1984 below, you will see Mother and her gang in their 1980's glory, singing Glory and Praise Music, and the then ever popular classic, "Here I am Lord..." and you will even see Mother Angelica playing a snare drum at liturgy!!!!!! What a hoot! That's the way we were and I include myself in this 1984 ditty! Unfortunately so many my age and older, some younger, are still stuck in the 1980's liturgy world and contemporary Glory and Praise music. It is to laugh for us while those stuck are dead serious! Blah!

Mother's interview takes about a minute to get to but it is well worth the wait and watch the whole thing! It isn't just a soundbite from 60 Minutes who is very good at this kind of interview:




3 comments:

TJM said...

like you, Thank God, she matured!

Anonymous said...

RIP Mother Angelica, she guided a lifelong (Catholic baptised and life long worthlessly catechetized novus ordo catholic (me) out of the depths of hell at age 30 when God had had enough of my sin.I was sick on the couch for 6 months and discovered and would watch mother angelica every day. I learned a lot about the faith and visited Hanceville and Irondale a couple of times. Eventually I saw through the lunacy of having famous rock star priests when one after another crashed and burned. I wandered into my local TLM one day and eventually never went back to the Novus Ordo. Once I saw the faith of my fathers and what was stolen, kind of hard to go back to I am the bread of life.

Mother did a lot of good and made a lot of mistakes, haven't we all. i watched one of her old videos last night on youtube for nostalgia. She was a great preacher to the people. She said so many common sense things. Then she says in the same video how beautiful the documents of Vatican 2 are.. zeeerrrrrup...needle off the record. WHATT!!? nevermind, she was not a doctor of theology like Fr. Hesse and couldn't likely see the horrendous errors and blasphemy in those documents. She did what she could with what she had and tried to remain faithful from what I can surmise

Jason Nota said...

My mother and I was in the studio audience when she appeared on the PTL Club in 1980. I wish I could find that program on YouTube. We were still Roman Catholic at that time, but my mother had became involved with the Charismatic movement.