Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DESTRUCTION, DEATH AND TRAGEDY FROM A RECLINER AS THOUGH A TELEVISON REALITY SHOW--I JUST DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS


Yesterday was my day off and I was in Augusta. I saw on CNN news that a twister was headed for Oklahoma City and so I turned it to the Weather Channel. For more than two hours I watched from my recliner the twister form and tear through the area and the local TV station there transmitted over the Weather Channel show the scene live from a helicopter and from the ground. The twister was on the ground for more than 40 minutes and was huge and as I watched I knew that people were being injured and killed and lives destroyed.

As soon as the twister dissipated which was captured live too and almost instantly, the same helicopter showed images immediately from the air of the destruction especially of the two schools. It was heartbreaking and I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't a movie but tragedy live as it was coming over the cable! I was trying to pray too for all the victims.

Events like this show how God is active and cause many to wonder if there is a God. One wonders why some are saved, including pets, and others, especially the children, are taken. The randomness is amazing and heartrending.

In the midst of the all the bad new, there is some good news and it shows how resilient even the elderly are and how one can live through such destruction and not be injured. The finding of the pet dog is amazing and will bring a tear to your eyes.

MY FINAL COMMENT:I'm still trying to sort out my feelings of watching this as it happens and being so captivated by it. I just don't know about that!

And this amazing video!

1 comment:

Gene said...

The media pander shamelessly to our voyeurism and gear their appeal always to what is worst in us...