Translate

Sunday, September 11, 2011

OFF TO ANNUAL PRIESTS' RETREAT FOR THE DIOCESE OF SAVANNAH



I'm off to our annual priests' retreat for the Diocese of Savannah. Our new Bishop-Elect Gregory John Hartmayer as well as our Bishop-Emeritus J. Kevin Boland will be there. Bishop-Elect Hartmayer is a Franciscan priest and our retreat master is going to be a Franciscan priest.

I wonder if we are being groomed to become Franciscans instead of diocesan priests? Time will tell.

I'll be going to my other annual retreat in Panama City Beach, Florida following the retreat and won't be back until Tuesday, September 20th.

Last year at this time, I was also on "rat respite." I still suffer from post rat traumatic-stress syndrome and see and hear rats in the rectory that supposedly aren't there anymore. Last year while on retreat, the mother rat of all, the biggest in the whole wide known world, was killed in my house. Only one smaller rat since then.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

IIRC the vermin were expelled by a Rat Zinger Programme. If there are any in the rectory when you return you chuck a new missile at them.

My boss lives in Savannah. He makes me read my reports to him on the phone while he's in a nice restaurant so I have mixed emotions about the city.

Have a nice trip. ;-)

rcg

Gene said...

That's right, go on off to Panama City and leave us here with the rats, groping our way in sin and darkness, while buffeted by tempests on every hand...LOL! No, I'm not envious...

qwikness said...

Maybe you could put a St. Damiano Cross somewhere at the church, the chapel perhaps.

Templar said...

The tromping of the feet of the platoon of EMHC's during the Processionals should be enough to drive any remaining rodents from anywhere within a block of the Church.

Gene said...

Templar, you're killin' me! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Please forgive me, but EMHC's?

Gene said...

Anon, EMHC: Extraneous Members Handing Out Communuion.

Anonymous said...

Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

rcg

Gene said...

...oops...

Anonymous said...

Pin, don't worry. Our Latin preist told me it was short for 'emetic'.

rcg

Gene said...

So, Fr., are you eating seafood at Captain Anderson's tomorrow? When you get back I will come and personally confess to you my envy...LOL!