Translate

Thursday, January 25, 2024

OKAY, I AM TIRED OF THIS! IT‘S MAKING ME ANGRY NOW

 Bishop Marini celebrates Mass in one of his very traditional churches. Please note the altar railing cloth, which I suppose means that communicants kneel at the railing to receive Holy Communion.

But, and this but is what makes me angry, look at the double altars! Double Altars, I say! How ridiculous to clutter the sanctuary with back to back altars, one of which, the new one, is completely unnecesary!

And to add insult to injury, please note the candle arrangement on the rinky-dink new altar, two rinky-dink candles to one side, no balance and compared to what is behind the rinky-dink altar, a traditional one, it is ridiculous as well as so sad. Sad I say!

And don’t get me started on the floral arrangement directly in front of the rinky-dink altar. Ugh!!!!



4 comments:

Jerome Merwick said...

I'm with you Father. No room for rinky-dink in OUR Church!

TJM said...

I assume this is a parish Church and not His Excellency's cathedral. The Cranmer Board looks ludicrous, but hey, it's the Novus Ordo, so it is a good fit.

Amont said...

Father, out here in the trenches, you either have beautiful churches with gutted sanctuaries-or you have compromise arrangements as per the photo I would humbly suggest the compromise here is acceptable.UNLESS you can find a Bishop who will allow ad orientem posture(and there are virtually NONE!-out here in the trenches.

ByzRus said...

I'd just remove/repurpose the lower altar. It looks to be a noble fixture, just misplaced and unnecessary. I don't care for crowding all onto the predella for the sake of fooling the eye.