Translate

Monday, September 11, 2023

ITINERATE RETIREMENT

 Busy Sunday. 8:30 AM Mass in Hardeeville, SC, 30 miles from my residence. It is a former bank building, nicely renovated with overflow space behind it. The Hispanic community is booming as is the entire area. They will soon need a much larger church. Then I had Mass at JPII High School Gymnasium at 11 am in Ridgeland, SC, 10 miles back. Then I had the 1 pm Traditional Latin Mass at Sacred Heart in Savannah about 35 miles away. I love retirement!




















4 comments:

Tom Makin said...

I never cease to be amazed at the contrast between the age/demographic of the TLM crowd and the typical Sunday Mass crowd. It's stark wherever I look; whether in these pictures or up here in Rhode Island at St Mary's on the Boulevard. It's the same story. A subset is the crowd at my parish church. Mass is Novus Ordo but it slants traditional in it's application. The young parents and families are flocking. I'm convinced that this is what the demographic from about 23-45 is looking to bring their young families up in.

rcg said...

All priests work hard and I am always humbled by their dedication to commute among our parishes. Thank you, from all of us.

Sophia said...

Sophia here: I am so happy to see ("A photo is worth a thousand words") and hear that you are not merely surviving, but thriving in this next level of living out your vocation, as an orthodox, good shepherd to God's people. How Blessed are they that you continue to be this
actively committed to your initial "Yes" to your call. May God continue to bless you with the Graces and physical strength you need to do this for many years to come!

Mark Thomas said...

Father McDonald, thank you for your holy service to God and His Church..

Pax.

Mark Thomas