Translate

Sunday, March 26, 2017

CRICKETS!

 Yesterday, our Holy Father, His Holiness Pope Francis celebrated in splendor the Modern Ambrosian Rite of Milan which I posted on the previous post with video and differences in the Ambrosian Rite and the normative Latin Rite. Silence from commenters!

I checked other liturgical blogs and nothing, absolutely nothing, except that Praytell highlights an African Rite.

Given the fact that His Holiness, Pope Francis hasn't celebrated the Ambrosian Rite as pope until yesterday and and did so in a most splendid way with beautiful vestments for His Holiness and the other ministers, you would have thought this should have been fodder for discussion but what do we hear? CRICKETS!  WHY Oh WHY, I ASK??????


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Pope Francis has demoralized me so much by his reckless speeches, interviews and careless attitude toward the office of the papacy that I couldn'r give 2 cents about what he does or says anymore. His refusal to clearly uphold and defend Catholic teaching on issues like divorce and marriage and the necessity to be in the state of grace to receive communion are a scandal. Sadly any good he has done or may No longer matters to me due to the purposeful chaos he is is committing. I feel like a Catholic without a pope and have been for a long long time. He could care less about me or my concerns.

John Nolan said...

The Ambrosian Rite of Milan, like the Visigothic Rite of Toledo, is a Latin Rite but not the Roman Rite, which is why Summorum Pontificum does not apply to it.

However, people in the 1960s could not resist tinkering with these ancient Rites and so we have a 'modern' version of both. Neither is satisfactory. Pope Francis was not celebrating the traditional Rite of Milan, and he is as likely to do so as he is to celebrate the traditional Roman Rite.

Anonymous said...

The sight of the Holy Father genuflecting at the creed and shaking in pain almost moved me to tears.
I completely understand why he usually replaces the genuflections with bows.

TJM said...

Because it's against the "agenda!"

Rood Screen said...

Personally, as far as liturgical news in concerned, I am not interested in rubrical trivia or ritual diversity. I'm only interested in liturgical reverence.

Православный физик said...

Just seeing his holiness genuflect at the creed, was hard to watch, it looked agonising for him.

Gene said...

...not nearly as agonizing as for those of us suffering through this Pope.