The Feasts: How the Church Year Forms Us as Catholics.
You can read a review of the book HERE.
It was a good interview and both cardinals acknowledged that over the course of time we as Catholics have lost some sense of our Catholic calendar and celebrating the various feasts of the Church throughout the year. They both acknowledged that there has been a recovery of sorts going on in this regard. So overall the interview was quite positive.
However, both cardinals are in a position to use their influence to bring about a more radical discovery of our calendar and to shore up what was lost in the post-Vatican II revision of it and the other revisions that local bishops' conferences or regions have made to it.
As well, obvious things need to be re-included into the revised Roman Calendar.
Let me list a few:
1. All Solemnities and feast days need to be on the days they were meant to be celebrated and Holy Days of Obligation should never be obligatory on some days and not on others, such as the silly Saturday/Monday dispensations from the obligation!
2. Therefore, Ascension Thursday must be on Thursday. Corpus Christi must be on Thursday and more Holy Days of Obligation added, such as the Annunciation.
3. The three pre-lenten Sundays must be reinstated, the "gesima" Sundays before Ash Wednesday.
4. The recovery of the Octave of Pentecost and the season of the year after Pentecost
5. The ember days need to be re-instituted.
6. Fasts and abstinence need to be recovered! Each Friday of the year and the stricter fast for every day during Lent and the fast and abstinence associated with the four seasons of ember days.
7. Obviously devotions to saints and processions need to be recovered also and not just for St. Patrick's Day. The Latinos can teach us much on this as it concerns Our Lady of Guadeloupe and processions surrounding this feast as well as the Italians. There is no reason why Anglos can't recover Corpus Christi processions outdoors.
The bishops caused the decline in observing the calendar and in popular devotions and they continue to do so with arbitrary adjustments to the calendar that dumbs it down further rather than builds it up.