Translate

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FAMOUS PEOPLE FROM AUGUSTA, GEORGIA OR WITH AUGUSTA CONNECTIONS

They sweep the Grammy Awards Sunday Night and even thank Augusta!

Judy Woodruff


The Hardest Working Man in Show business, Mr. James Brown

Butterfly McQueen

Lawrence Fishbourne

Danny Glover

Hulk Hogan

Wycliffe Gordon

Ben Bernanke

Amy Grant


"Someone's Knocking"

Quinton Aaron

Steve Morse

Jayne Mansfield lived with her first husband who was in the army in Augusta

Baltimore's Archbishop Edwin O'Brien was a lowly army chaplain in Augusta (Ft. Gordon) in the early 1970's

5 comments:

Tony_Lyons said...

Who is that last young man? :-)

I knew a few of the folks were from Augusta, but didn't it was so many.

Robert Kumpel said...

Father,

You made me think of my high school reunion a few years ago (an all-boys Catholic high school, no less). Everybody kept mentioning this one fellow in our class and I couldn't remember him to save my life. Finally, there was a yearbook laying around and I looked him up and immediately recognized him. I then asked someone what all the fuss was about. He told me that this fellow had been arrested for several murders. He's probably the most famous person in our graduating class!

Gene said...

That last guy, where have I seen him...was he in The Godfather...no, no...the Exorcist...nah,too young...well, maybe I've seen him at Mass...

Anonymous said...

I searched Danny Glover being born in Augusta, GA and it isn't true...

mistyangel05 said...

To anonymous. Danny glover had an aunt here and augusta. But no one said he was born here. The article states that some has or had CONNECTIONS in augusta. Meaning all were not born here.