Wednesday, August 10, 2016
LET'S GIVE POPE FRANCIS CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!
They don't like that His Holiness hasn't maintained the direction of the Church established by Pope Saint John Paul II and Pope Benedict. Be that as it may.
But let's give His Holiness credit where credit is due:
1. His Holiness continues to refer to the Feminine character of the Church, especially using the term Holy Mother Church. This is the foundation of the sacramental system of the Church, the male/female complimentarity of the Church as Bride, Jesus as Bridegroom and the true nature of Holy Matrimony in relationship to the male/female complimentarity as well as the necessity for an all male priesthood. It is based upon Jesus' teachings confirmed also for everyone, regardless of religiosity or affiliation or lack thereof, in natural law.
2. His Holiness continues to refer to the devil as a real power or reality, not just symbolic of evil or evil personified.
3. His Holiness has a powerful devotion to the Blessed Mother, more so it appears than Pope St. John Paul II or Pope Benedict.
4. His Holiness continues to encourage the recovery of popular devotions in the Church, one of the things that progressives tried to kill immediately following Vatican II.
5. His Holiness is very sober, reverent and by the book when celebrating the Sacred Liturgies of the Church. He reads the black and does the red, or something like that.
6. His Holiness has maintained the Benedictine altar arrangement although with his particular influence upon it but clearly in continuity with what Pope Benedict recovered under Msgr. Guido Marini.
All of this bodes well for the future when the next Pope recovers the complete ethos of some of those things recently abandoned as it regards "Reform in Continuity" with the Church prior to the Second Vatican Council. Reform in Continuity should not be confused with "Reform of the Reform" a misnomer of what Pope Benedict actually desired.