Wednesday, July 6, 2016
CERTAINLY EVERYONE MUST BE CONVINCED OF MY LITURGICAL CLAIRVOYANCE NOW?
Pope Francis has celebrated the Mass numerous times in an ad orientem way. He has maintained the "Benedictine" altar arrangement and the Masses at the Vatican remain splendid with a much improved Sistine Choir since Pope Francis arrived on the scene.
And now His Holiness has explicitly told Robert Cardinal Sarah, Prefect for the Congregation of Divine Worship the following:
....begin a study of “the reform of the reform”, that is of adapting the liturgical reforms that followed the Second Vatican Council...and seek “to enrich the two forms of the Roman rite”.
I have said time and time again that the Ordinariate's "Divine Worship, the Missal" is the template of what the Ordinary Form of the Latin Rite will one day have.
In a nutshell, the template of the Ordinariate's Missal allows Ordinary Form Roman Missal to remain the same but with the following options "Divine Worship" has:
1. Replacing the Introductory Rite with the Prayers at the Foot of the Altar as in the EF Missal, but with the vernacular option.
2. The recovery of the EF's Order following the PATFOTA: Kyrie, Gloria, Greeting, Collect.
3. The explicit option of ad orientem for all of the Introductory Rite at the altar as in the EF or at the chair following the PATFOTA. And ad orientem explicitly allowed for the entire Mass as in the EF.
4. The explicit option of the Gradual/Tract/Sequence, in place of the Responsorial Psalm--this is written in the Ordinariate's Missal with the traditional EF format for the Introit along with the Offertory Antiphon (which is currently omitted in the Ordinary Form Missal) and the Communion Antiphon.
5. The option of the EF's Offertory Prayers through the Lavabo and to include the Suscipe, Sancta Trinitas.
6. The triple "Lord I am not worthy" will be restored as an option.
7. The Last Gospel will be restored as an option.
8. The Ordinary Form's Roman Calendar will be brought in line with the Ordinariate's revised Roman Calendar. Time after Pentecost and after Epiphany will be restored. The season of Septuagesima will be restored. The Octave of Pentecost will be restored. Ember and Rogation days will be restored.
9. EF-like rubrics will be restored to the Roman Canon and where possible to the other Eucharistic Prayers.
The first order of business before the above is allowed through an appendix insert will be the following:
1. Roman encouragement that the current Ordinary Form Missal be celebrated Ad Orientem beginning the First Sunday of Advent, 2016.
2. Explicit allowance of kneeling for Holy Communion.
Now for my clairvoyance! How long, O Lord, have I been writing on this blog that what I have written above will one day come to pass? How long, O Lord? And my people, did they believe me or mock me?