Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

LA BELLA ROMA

Don't ask me how I did it, but yes, these are two photos I took from my room's balcony at the Institute for Continuing Theological Education at the Pontifical College North American in Vatican City. As you can see my balcony overlooks Saint Peter's Square! How cool is that?


At about 7:30 AM Rome time, 1:30 AM Georgia time, I arrived in Rome and after having gone through customs and picked up my luggage, we were taken to the Pontifical College North American. We are staying in a newly renovated former convent on the grounds called "Casa O'Toole" quite Italian!

I am very excited and Roma is beautiful, busy and crazy, but fun because of it. And some of the best views of the city are to be had here at the North American atop the Ginculum Hill.

I am on the 4th floor of the building, have a balcony off my room and a wonderful view of St. Peter's Basilica and the window from which Pope Francis delivers the Angelus Address at Noon Sunday and where popes once lived until Pope Francis decided he wanted to stay at the Vatican Motel 6.

I am in a bit of a daze and will blog later perhaps, Pranzo, I mean, dinner is at 1 PM in the seminary dining hall. I am hungry!

Unfortunately, I don't know how to get my photos that I take and post them unlike with the Windows Computers that I have in the States, is easy to do, but not on the Ipad for some odd reason. Oh, well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Have a great and safe trip Father.

Carol H. said...

Looks like you're enjoying some beautiful weather there, though I was surprised at the change in cloud cover between the 2 pics.

Sr Elizabeth said...

Glad you arrived safely. Great view, just be careful not to drop your ipad over the railing!

Joseph Johnson said...

Father,
As you well know, you left St. Joseph in capable hands. This past Sunday, I was traveling to a conference in north Georgia. My family and I had the privilege of attending the 12:10 ad orientem OF Mass with Fr. Dawid as celebrant and homilist. Also, after moving from a place where he (apparently) couldn't see, the ushers brought Msgr. Cuddy and sat him right in front of me. I had not seen him in person in a long time and didn't realize until then how things had changed for him.

Besides the great homily, we enjoyed all aspects of this OF liturgy. My 15 year old daughter commented that there was nothing she didn't like about that Mass! If only this could be the norm for the OF Mass! Of course, it didn't hurt that the music was good, too.

My 13 year old daughter liked the stained glass in St. Joseph and compared it to our own St. Joseph in Waycross which is so plain! I told her that part of it is the difference between a church built in 1903 and a church built in 1983.

Have an excellent time in Rome!