Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

I AM SPENDING THE WEEKEND IN MY BIRTH PLACE OF NAPOLI, ITALIA

There is a major street bazaar outside my hotel balcony! I must be from Naples because I absolutely love the pungent quality of this bubbling stew of a city! And if a priest wants to get the smell of his sheep on him, this is da place!

Photos of an outside view of my off price hotel off of Garibaldi Square where Napoli Centrale train station is. I took a speed train from Rome to here non stop in one hour! I love Italy's train system!

The others are Naples Cathedral with its chapel for Saint Januarius whose dried blood vile is here. On cue it liquified  last week. This is big here!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Saint's blood is VILE?

Carol H. said...

Father, do you know which church you were baptized in? Don't you receive a Plenary Indulgence if you make a pilgrimage to the place of your baptism during this Year of Faith?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

We lived in Vomero, a suburb overlooking Naples and I was baptized in a military chapel associated wit NATO

Unknown said...

Ugh, Father, you're making me seriously jealous. My wildest dreams (which really aren't all that wild) involve a small farm in the Italian countryside, a little sunburn, and the occasional trip into Ravenna, to the Church of San Vitale.