Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

AFTER A LONG, FIERCELY COLD WINTER, SPRING IS FINALLY HERE! THANK GOD. IT'S 80 DEGREES DOWNTOWN, MACON AS I TYPE THIS ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 12 AT 1:40 PM, EST

During the Church Music Association of America's Winter Chant Intensive in my parish and our southern town, the weather was cloudy but mild. It started cool but warmed up to the 60's by Wednesday and Thursday and was in the 70's for Friday's Mass, but cloudy and dreary looking.

But not today! It is bright sunshine and almost 80 degrees and our air conditioner has kicked on in the church, yesterday for the Mass and already today for an empty church!

These long winters in Macon which begin around mid December take their toll on us, but thank God spring has finally arrived.

Other temps right now:

Wichita, 28

New York, 46

Los Angeles, 52

Chicago, 45

Minot, -2

Collegeville, Mn, 10

Sioux Falls, SD, 11

Baltimore, 49

London, UK, 39

5 comments:

ytc said...

These temperatures are truly despicable! I HATE the Summer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including the metric system - it really helped me understand how we'll off you are. Here in Canada, it is about 2 metrically, for today..
Thanks for these thoughtful and appropriate blogs. I do envy you but you give me hope...

Anonymous said...

I hate summer too. The only season I've been able to tolerate since coming down here has been winter and now I have to even live with this hillbilly weather in January! Where do I file my protest?

makemeaspark said...

Thank you SO much for being such a gracious host for our Chant Intensive this week! I just got home to Michigan and it was sunny and warm on the way home and we arrived home comfortably in our shirtsleeves, somewhere in the 60's!

rcg said...

This is one of the reasons we must return to Latin. The actual temperature is 25C on the left side of the page while the new translation shows approximately 88.5F. It just doesn't flow as smoothly.