Translate

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

CANNOT OR MAY NOT? THAT IS THE QUESTION OF CORRECT ENGLISH, NEVER MIND ORTHODOX CATHOLIC FAITH AND DISCIPLINE


Thank God that Cardinal Parolin, in a Dicastery of the Doctrine of the Faith moment of high authority, gave a rescript to those superior Germans and their ultra superior race of Catholics of blond haired and blue-eyed Catholics.

But those who translated Cardinal Parolin’s Italian remarks into English made a mistake, Certainly the superior race of German Synodal Catholic can and have made a decisions to change the faith, morals and discipline of the Universal Synodal Church.

But, the good Cardinal Parolin, I deduce, meant to say and probably said it in Italian, that the Superior German Synodal Church may not do such a thing even though they can. 

The synodal path in Germany

Finally on the German bishops' vote, at the end of the synod process, to approve blessings for homosexual couples, the Holy See has already expressed itself clearly on the issue, Parolin said, noting that a local church "cannot make such a decision that involves the discipline of the Universal Church."

2 comments:

rcg said...

I think the Cardinal is correct. They have no authority or faculty to make the decision, nor to effect it. They may decide, for example, that gravity has no effect on them and can behave as if it did not. But the Law will assert itself eventually. And they cannot stop it.

Tom Makin said...

I desperately want to hear from the Pope. Not something like "I have said before....on an airplane blah, blah, blah" I want a new, definitive, "stop this now" and "I have removed Bishop Batzing, Cardinal McElroy" etc. kind of statement. I want to hear from my local Bishop. I want leadership. Stop this insanity please.