Saturday, February 27, 2016
DOES HE HAVE BOMBSHELL, SECRET LITURGICAL GOOD NEWS INFORMATION FROM HIGH PLACES? OR IS IT JUST A TEASE OR BOTH?
"I just had some super news – truly – about a great development for the New Evangelization.
I can’t say what it is yet because the right people have to make this public. Still it is exciting enough that I want to say something good happened..."
Of course everyone is wondering what it is all the way from being named a monsignor to the SSPX having a formal recognition by the pope.
Of course the blogger in question has always seen the primary instrument of the New Evangelization to be the proper celebration of the Liturgy in either form but especially the older form and in Latin.
We already have the means by which to celebrate both forms well, but so many priests in priestlyland refuse to use the tools they have properly. They won't even consider the EF and in the OF they continue to celebrate it in a banal way, with banal music, and sloppy techniques inviting active participation in the formal ministries from laity ill trained, ill formed and completely oblivious to the sacredness of the liturgy precisely because what they experience in the liturgy does not appear sacred.
Of course rebuilding a sacred liturgy, especially in the OF, hinges on a recovery of many priests and many parishes also celebrating the EF. Both, though, need to be done by the books, meaning the General Instruction and rubrics, not in a rigid, mechanical, robotic way, but in a way that clearly respects the rules.
What do you think it is that the famous, traditionalist, yet moderate blogger knows that we don't know yet?
My dream is that the following would be added to the current Ordinary Form Missal:
1. An appendix for the substitution of the Penitential Act by the PATFOTA as the Ordinariate's "Divine Worship, the Missal" has to include the EF's version of the Asperges and Vidi Aquam as a prelude to the Mass, and that the Propers of the Mass may never be eliminated but only supplemented by singing another song or hymn, and that the Ordinariate's Roman Calendar be adapted for the entire Latin Rite in the Ordinary Form so it coalesces with the EF Calendar.
2. The first option for the Offertory to be that of the EF's Offertory with the revised one being second and that the "Lord, I am not worthy" may be said three times as in the EF to compliment the three-fold Agnus Dei.
3. The option of the Last Gospel as a postlude to the Mass
4. The rubrics of the EF Mass for the Roman Canon and that the Roman Canon be celebrated on Sundays and Solemnities and the others in the Missal for weekdays only.
5. That the now prescribed and required Propers, as well as, the Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus, Pater Noster and Agnus Dei when chanted be in Latin exclusively (Kyrie, Greek of course).
6. That the optional use of the Ordinariate's Divine Worship, the Missal be extended to the entire English speaking Church throughout the world without exception.
But I suspect it will be a minor bit of exceptional good new for the New Evangelization brick by brick like Pope Francis will celebrate a low Mass in the Extraordinary Form at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's as a Mass of Thanksgiving for the regularization of the Ordinariate of the SSPX. But nah.....