Translate

Friday, April 26, 2019

ARE THERE REALLY NO SUNDAY MASSES THIS SUNDAY, DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY, IN SRI LANKA? I DOUBT IT VERY SERIOUSLY--FAKE NEWS ALERT!


This is was the press is reporting:

The archbishop of Colombo says there will be no Sunday Masses until further notice after the Easter bombings in Sri Lanka. 

I would suspect that there are no public Masses on Sunday and the laity are dispensed from the obligation of attending Mass. But I presume that every priest or at least almost every priest will offer a private Sunday Mass for the intentions of the people of Sri Lanka during this critical period.  Laity will be at some of these private Masses I am sure. 

1 comment:

Fr. Michael J. Kavanaugh said...

Seems to be true. I've heard other reports that, due to further threats, mass in Sri Lanka is cancelled this weekend.