Think of the music and instrumentation, brass, drums, descants and the like. Applause and cheers even with hoots and cat calls—think of recessional or introductions of brides and grooms at weddings.
So Archbishop Gregory, I recommend a sober, simple approach to your installation Mass given the crisis the post Vatican II mentality has fomented in the Church:
1. No brass, drums or triumphant music or hymns
2. Solemnly chant all the propers of the Mass in Latin
3. Don’t divide the congregation or emphasize cultural diversity, i.e. division, by pandering to multi lingual or cultural interest groups thus making the worship of the Church horizontal rather than vertical
4. How about eliminating mass concelebration? Have all priests and bishops/cardinals in choir dress and taking the same postures during Mass as the laity to include the manner of receiving Holy Communion. Ask all priests and bishops to offer a private or parish Mass for your intentions and the healing of the Church universal.
5. Warn the congregation, especially the bishops and priests not to offer applause at any point within the cathedral!!!!!
6. And if you really want a humble installation, offer the Liturgy of the Eucharist ad orientem!!!!