Translate

Friday, December 15, 2017

I TAUGHT HIM EVERYTHING HE KNOWS, INCLUDING HIS EXCELLENT ENGLISH; HE'S PRETTY GOOD IN POLISH AND SPANISH TOO!

My former parochial vicar at St. Joseph Church in Macon, Fr. Dawid Kwiatkowski, has become a media sensation. He came to me as a newly ordained priest from Poland and was the Parochial Vicar there for three years. As soon as he got to St. Joseph in June, I took my summer vacation. Prior to leaving one of our parishioners, a graduate of Mercer Law School was horribly murdered and dismembered. Fr. Dawid got a baptism by fire and ministered to the family, provided the Requiem in Macon, although she was moving away the week she was murdered and concluded his time at St. Joseph three years later as the murderer confessed and the family was in the court room with Fr. Dawid. Well done. The Lord placed him at St. Joseph for this ministry.

I was also cursed, I mean, blessed to have Fr. Dawid as a seminarian for a summer at St. Joseph.

Now EWTN has made him an international star and priest about town:




7 comments:

McAnally said...

Those were wonderful years for us parish members having you both - two holy priests together providing so much spiritual knowledge and encouragement! Some of us aging members came up during a time of Easter white balloon releases and felt banner crafts, missing or having forgotten so much of the real treasures of the Church. I give thanks that you came in to fill many, many of those woeful gaps in knowledge and true understanding of our Church, her devotions, and mysteries - all without ever allowing us to feel judged by our ignorance. Sadly missing you - but retaining your many blessings to us with joy! God love you -

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

Fr. Dawid and I had a common, albeit different nationality, European background and clicked on that level and we could play off of each other. I think parishioners at St. Joseph appreciated our relationship. They were happy years for me and thank you for your comment!!!! God bless you.

TJM said...

When's Kavanaugh going to trot out his vocation success stories?

GenXBen said...

Thank God for EWTN! It is a glass of cool water for us weary travelers.

Mordacil said...

I was very lucky (I should say blessed) to come into the Catholic Church at st. Joseph's in 2014 under Fr. Dawid, Fr. Godfreid, and Fr. McDonald. I was spoiled by exposure to solid doctrine and beautiful liturgy that I rarely find elsewhere.

TJM said...

Kavanaugh must still be busy compiling his list of vocations that he has fostered

George said...

St Joseph's in Macon has been blessed over the years to have had many fine parochial vicars, Father Dawid among them.